Sunday, June 24, 2012

I Became Famous

Translated by Ian and Henry Haight (original: http://blog.naver.com/mahabira6061/70139611781)

While I was shopping I had a few interviews in the city of Sault Ste. Marie. The next day I was in the newspaper. People said it was their city’s 100th anniversary and having a monk come by must mean something. Ever since I came here I am experiencing so many things. Even though the newspaper was a city newspaper I was on the cover page. While I was traveling to my next host’s house, I stopped by a small shop and drank some refreshment. A stranger was riding a bike around the area and he stopped as soon as he got in front of me. He stared at me for a little and I said hello. He told me that I was famous. I asked, “How?” His response was that he saw me in the newspaper exchanging a bow with another person, and he wanted to try it with me. He bowed differently from how we were supposed to bow so I taught him the proper way.

On the way to my host’s house I saw three posters like the one above (see picture). From Sault Ste. Marie to the area I am in currently, everything has been ready. I am going to be at my next host’s house for three days in a row so I will most likely have an easy next few days. No hills and the road is pretty flat so it is pretty easy to travel. My host’s house is about 130 km from here so I think I should leave pretty early. A new video of an interview I did will be on the Facebook site David operates for me (http://www.facebook.com/JourneyOfSpirit)—please come visit! ^^






No comments:

Post a Comment